Wednesday 6 February 2013

Vanished by Danielle Steel

Written by Lydrielyn Koh



This novel talks mainly about a woman who in her young age has made huge mistakes and trying her hard to forget the past and live her present life normally. However, past is a part of life and it is almost impossible to separate the past and the present life as who you are in the past will affect who you are today. The same goes to her. The past that she had been hiding all these times are starting to reveal themselves one by one. I wanted to tell you more but there will be no element of suspense if I tell you everything about the story. Plus, a book review isn't all about synopsis. ^^,

I'd rate this novel 3 out of 5 stars. The plot is okay but it is too predictable. I have not even reached the middle part of the story but I can already predict who is 'the one' who did all the chaos. The plot is like normal story that we can see in a movie or can be read in a novel. Nothing really exciting, nothing extra-ordinary, just a normal novel. I don't know is it me or is it just the boring and predictable plot. Ahahaha

One thing I like about this novel is that, the words used in the novel is simple and pretty easy to understand. My vocabulary in English is not that wide, thus novel with bombastic words aren't really my type. It makes me tired of reading if I don't know most of the words in a particular novel, which then leads to lost of interest in reading. That is why I like this novel as I was able to understand what the author is trying to say rather easily without having to check my dictionary every 2 minutes. :D

So that's about it. Happy reading guys! ^.^

2 comments:

  1. Good write. Liked your comment of not wanting to give too much away. Started on your 2nd. book?

    Regards
    Fred

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just noticed the comment! Ehehe
    I have actually read a lot of books since that. Mostly Nicholas Sparks books and Mitch Albom. Both of the authors are my favourite and I've just completed my Sparks collection!

    ReplyDelete

 
owned by fabulousrebel - yours truly dette.0